clarelight-ly knitting

Knit lightly, it makes it easier to take the mistakes out.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

bits of this and that



Here's my March Project Spectrum scarf: Teseo in a pink/purple mix, very easy and soothing to knit with.

Easy and soothing is at a premium right now, as I go through the job search process: I hate to go to interviews, although I apparently do well at them. I had one yesterday at a little credit union in downtown, and I'd really like the job, but I didn't feel like I did very well. How much of that is carry-over from the total beating my confidence got at my last job, I don't know. Probably more than I'd like. Well, if I don't get offered that position, I'm sure there's something else out there. At least I'm pretending to be an optimist.

Here is a not-so-great shot of a sleeve. I'm knitting myself a cardi with a black body and striped sleeves. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but I'm using two colors of red, two rows of a dark brownish purple red, and one of a brighter, almost cherry color. The effect is to make the eye look twice at the stripe, as it is just a bit "off". I think it looks cool.

For the front, I'm going to have a mock-turtleneck type collar, and I think a zipper. I was considering a dark red zipper, to sort of contrast with the black, but as I was considering this design choice while reading a book about Jack The Ripper, I don't know if such a graphic "gash" in the front is really what I want. Of course, I don't have to tell anyone I refer to the cardi as my "jack the ripper jacket".

I have a feeling my subversive nature will be getting the upper hand here...any ideas for a zipper pull? ;-)

Finally, a pic of an extremely vocal family member:

This is Sophie, our rescue miniature schnauzer. We know very little of her history, other than she was picked up by Multnomah County Animal Control, she had been running wild for several months, and she was a mess. The dog rescue I volunteered for took her in, and I decided she needed us. My parents and other two dogs were decidedly more reserved about her.


Now two years after I brought her home, she is an interesting and active member of the household, totally and utterly devoted to my father, whose lap she owns. She sings (ah-wooooo), barks, growls when you do anything to her that isn't her idea, and is generally noisy. She's also a lot of fun. This pic shows her in her accustomed position: on dad's lap, where she belongs (at least in her mind!)

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous CatBookMom said...

I just surfed in to your blog courtesy of Zeneedle. In reading your post of 3/7, I hope you don't feel alone. Clinical depression sucks, and the other effects on life can be even worse - stress-caused headaches/migraines, IBS, reflux, memory problems. Been there, had those, still have some of them.

You made a huge step forward by quitting the awful job. If I had done that in say, 1997, I'd probably still be working. But I didn't, I stuck it out 2 more years, and now I'm permanently retired. I am very fortunate that my DH is well-paid, so we can afford for me not to work and to buy way too much yarn.

Go get a job which you can enjoy doing and which doesn't sap your self-esteem. Hugs!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Teseo is gorgeous. I'm really into orange and pink right now for some weird reason, considering most days I don't feel like getting out of bed.

Job interviews. Enh. Something you just have to go through. Hopefully a much better employment fit!

Sophie is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home