clarelight-ly knitting

Knit lightly, it makes it easier to take the mistakes out.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Irritated

Why is it that the day the Harlot's interview with PRI is being aired, my public radio station has a pledge drive? OPB, you are on my sh*t list until I can download that segment of The World and listen to it, you hear?

Why is it that I have to catch a cold every time a stray virus floats by my nostrils? I am sick to death of Halls cough drops, Kleenex, Alka-Seltzer Cold Non- Drowsy, and the evil Robitussin. I want to be better NOW.

What's worse, this particular virus has given me a case of knitting doldrums. I have several lovely projects I could work on, and the Knitting Olympics are coming up (go Team DPN! Poke the competition!) but all I do when I get home is lay on my bed, and wish for something...different.

I have no idea what I want to knit that I haven't got, but I just got a bonus check that I wasn't expecting, and well...I can't even get excited about buying new yarn. This is one fierce virus. Perhaps I'm coming down with an even worse disease: startitis.

It is true that I have reached a point where I have a lot of projects on the needles. Two shawls, three different pairs of socks, a sweater, a scarf (that will probably frogged, its Berocco Optik, and it feels NASTY), and what else? A Baby Surprise Jacket I need to start soon, a lace scarf for a friend who's moving, oh goodness, what else might there on the needles, hiding in my plastic tubs?

Oh, and the strongest storm of the season is about to hit the coast, meaning high winds, rain (as if we haven't gotten enough already) and the possibility of flooding, landslides, and power outages. What makes me think in August that I like winter?

Oh yeah, I hate the heat.

Sorry I'm so grumpy, darlings, I blame the cold medications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home