clarelight-ly knitting

Knit lightly, it makes it easier to take the mistakes out.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Inside the bag


Well, life is settling into the ordinary routine, except for my aunt, who is having to make up a new one as she goes along. Thank you so much to all of your support and well wishes. I am so excited to see that people are reading my little blog and leaving comments, thank you.
Last week Imbrium tagged the readers of her blog to show the contents of their knitting bag. I am only slightly embarassed to say that I currently have five bags/baskets going. I like to keep the yarn, pattern, and frustration for each project in it's own space. But I do have only one little bag that I keep my tools in, so here's a picture of that. Discerning readers will notice that there are two categories I tend to hoard: stitch markers and Chibis. Beaded stitch markers can be kind of spendy (like ten bucks apiece, hello? You can buy some really nice yarn for ten bucks.) but my favorite LYS always has a bunch right at the counter at reasonable prices (2.50 each), and I can't ring up a purchase without adding one or two new markers into the pile. (I also have this thing for sock yarn, but that's for another day.) As for the Chibis, I just like the little container things, I guess. They're cute, and useful, and the right size. Perfect little gadgets. You're going to laugh, but I was reading Zeneedle (hi, Margene!) and she's having a little contest, and one of the prizes is a green translucent Chibi, and I really wanted to email her and ask Where did you find that? because I haven't seen any here in Portland. I don't need another Chibi, but its in a color I don't have, and well...I guess I'm a little obsessed.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

Aren't the Chibis color coded for what size of needles are inside? I have the translucent blue and yellow ones. I remembering hearing that the pink are really rare or something and were selling for a lot on eBay!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Imbrium said...

I think one of the most appealing things about knitting is all the little ingenious tools and gadgets it involves. Knitting in and of itself is utter simplicity - two sticks and some string - but all the little trinkets and doo-dads are to die for.

So, does the little tools bag get transferred from project bag to project bag? I'd inevitably forget it, and spend the day kicking myself.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

But you're collecting the set, right? So if there are Chibi's in a color you don't have yet, you have an incomplete set and that's just wrong. Right? lol.

One project per bag? I try to do that, but I tend to shift projects around.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home